Well as you have been reading in the news, the world of cosmetic treatments are about to change and for the best- patient safety is key- the regulations on cosmetic treatments in the UK/London market are tightening in the coming year… here’s a few questions and friendly advice to ask yourself to help you choose the ‘right’ Cosmetic Clinic and the ‘right’ Cosmetic Doctor for your Botox treatment:
1. Who will be administering my Botox treatment? The administering of Botox injections will soon be Doctor only and non-medical professional will no longer be able to offer Botox treatment. Botox is a prescription only medicine and only Doctors are authorised to prescribe it. For your peace of mind, at Dermadoc, we don’t have nurses or beauty therapists who carry out non-surgical cosmetic treatments – only the most skilled and highly experienced Cosmetic Doctors on board.
2. Is the Cosmetic Doctor qualified and experienced to carry out my Botox treatment? At Dermadoc, all our Doctors are registered with the GMC (General Medical Council) and the British College of Aesthetic Medicine (BCAM). Not only that, but all our Cosmetic Doctors have over 5 years’ experience and are regularly trained in the latest advanced techniques by Allergan (the leading health care manufacturers of BOTOX®).
**GOOD to know: Our lead Cosmetic Director, Dr Tukmachi is also one of the first Doctors to have inspected the manufacturing plant where Botox is manufactured for international usage and is a key figure within the Cosmetic World.
3. What is the brand of Botox being used? There are thousands of different brands of Botox out there-the genuine and the ‘not so genuine’.
BOTOX® is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc – it is packaged in a glass vial with a purple or orange lid, labelled as BOTOX® and has an Allergan hologram on the side. It is advisable that you ask your Doctor to see the vial to confirm that this is the product he or she is using for your treatment.
4. Is it safe? Safety wise, at Dermadoc we use the genuine BOTOX® which has the label name ‘Vistabel’. Vistabel BOTOX® has been around for the past 13 years and it is FDA approved and licensed in the UK from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). BOTOX® has the highest safety track in the Cosmetic industry worldwide.
5. Can I trust cheap Botox? Cheap does not necessarily mean good or safe-especially when it comes to matters of your face. It’s best to stay away from the ‘cowboy’ clinics offering £99 for Botox treatment; there you will find that they will be either using watered down Botox or possibly not genuine Botox. It’s always better to pay a that little bit extra for peace of mind that you are in safe hands and you are treated using the safest products.
6. Is it important to have a Consultation before my Botox treatment? Yes, cosmetic clinics with Good Practice will always advise a consultation before treatment. At the Consultation, you will have the opportunity to get a feel of the clinic and the Cosmetic Doctor and how well he or she will explain the procedure. At Dermadoc, our Cosmetic Doctors are always happy to answer your questions and concerns about a cosmetic treatment and there is no obligation to have treatment if you are not 100% happy and comfortable. At Dermadoc, you are in safe hands from start to finish and continue with aftercare consultations as part of your treatment journey.
For a complimentary consultation with one of our friedly and honest Cosmetic Doctors, please contact Dermadoc on 0207 183 1921 or email email@example.com and we will do our very best to help you.