Lockdown interrupted so many aspects of our lives and forced the Dermadoc clinics to pause treatments in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the UK. Now that we are able to offer cosmetic treatments again, we’re seeing plenty of people who want long-lasting results to keep themselves looking their best, even if they are working from home or unable to visit the clinic as often as they used to. Wrinkle fillers are one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatments in the UK and they are a great choice if you’re looking for long-lasting results during these uncertain times.
Benefits of Long-Lasting Cosmetic Treatments
One of the biggest benefits of getting wrinkle fillers has always been how long the effects will last. When you get a wrinkle filler treatment at Dermadoc, you will see the effects right away and they should last for several months up to a year or more. Not having to get top-up treatments every week or two makes wrinkle fillers one of the most convenient options for smoothing away your lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers are simply injected under the wrinkles in order to fill them up from within.
The longevity of the effects of wrinkle fillers has become even more important during lockdown and in the post-lockdown world. Visiting the clinic for regular facial or top-up treatments isn’t always possible given the changing restrictions and the need to self-isolate if we fall ill. Getting a treatment that will last for months can enable us to maintain our desired looks even when we aren’t able to visit the clinic as often as we might want. Wrinkle fillers can help us to look our best, whether we’re visiting the office, enjoying socially-distanced activities, or working from home over Zoom.
How Wrinkle Filler Appointments Have Changed
Dermadoc is a doctor-led cosmetic clinic, so we place the utmost value on your health and wellbeing. We have taken steps to ensure that your visit to the Dermadoc clinic in Manchester or London will be as safe and comfortable as possible. We all need to take steps to protect ourselves and others from COVID-19, so your appointment will be a little different than usual. We will set up a remote consultation before the appointment so that we can discuss everything online rather than in person to reduce the amount of time that you need to spend at the clinic. We’re also taking precautions in our clinics including wearing masks and minimising close contact while performing treatments. If you or anyone in your household are ill or have tested positive for COVID-19 then you should cancel your appointment. We will be able to reschedule the wrinkle filler treatment when you are no longer self-isolating.
You can learn more about the safety measures we’re implementing on our website or get in touch if you have any questions. We’re providing remote consultations so that you can get advice from home if you’re at all concerned about coming into the clinic.
Cosmetic surgery isn’t always the best option when you want to enhance the contours of your face or counteract the volume loss that comes with age. Dermal fillers can enable you to achieve a fuller face without having to go under the knife so they can be the best choice for getting the look that you want.
Why Add Volume to Your Face?
Dermal fillers are the simplest way to add volume to your face. We can use them to achieve various effects and to treat different parts of the face, but there are two main reasons why people choose to have dermal fillers to give themselves a fuller-looking face.
Firstly, we can use dermal fillers to reshape or contour the face. You might want to enhance the shape of your cheekbones or to give yourself a stronger jawline. Dermal fillers are popular with many younger people in their 20s or 30s who want to reshape their faces to achieve a certain look. The treatment can be personalized to you so that you can get exactly the right results. We can shape and adjust the filler until you get the effects that you want to see.
Secondly, dermal fillers can be used to restore the volume that is lost from our faces as we age. The layer of fat under our skin can become thinner as we get older, which can leave us with hollows in our cheeks or under our eyes. Loss of volume can also create wrinkles on your face and contribute to the sagginess that occurs as our skin changes with age. Adding dermal fillers in the right places can give back that youthful plumpness, making us look younger, healthier, and more energetic. Dermal fillers are popular with people from their 30s onwards for tackling these kinds of problems as the natural plumpness of our skin is lost.
Dermal Fillers for a Fuller Face
Dermal fillers can be the best option for achieving a fuller face. We can carefully inject dermal fillers into key points in your face and shape them to achieve your desired look. Dermal fillers can be injected quickly for instant results, with no need to take any time off to recover. The treatment is much safer than cosmetic surgery and the results can last for six months or more. You will be able to add more filler or ask us to dissolve it if you change your mind at any point, so you will have complete control over your appearance. Instead of having an operation, spending a long time recovering, and facing the risks associated with surgery, it is much easier to have a dermal filler treatment to boost the fullness of your face.
If you’re interested in using dermal fillers to achieve a fuller face, then make an appointment to discuss the options with an experienced doctor at the Dermadoc clinic in Manchester or London. We’ll provide all the information and advice you need to make the right choices about your cosmetic treatment.
Wrinkle fillers are a quick and effective treatment to eliminate lines and wrinkles, but when should you consider getting them?
- Most people won’t need wrinkle fillers in their 20s
- Permanent expression lines are rare at this age but you may notice some early lines or fine wrinkles starting to form
- Preventative treatments such as sun protection and Botox can be more effective at this age
- If you do have premature lines, then wrinkle fillers could be an option
- Expression lines often start to become noticeable at this age
- Nasolabial folds and lines under the eyes are usually the first to form
- Wrinkle fillers can smooth away these lines
- Preventative treatments are still important
- Permanent expression lines are more common and often get deeper over time
- Fine wrinkles may also start to be more visible and can be treated with wrinkle fillers
- Most people start regular wrinkle filler treatments at this age as the signs of ageing become more apparent, although they can be helpful earlier on
- Wrinkle fillers can continue to treat expression lines and wrinkles as they get deeper
- Dermal fillers can also help with loss of volume and post-menopausal changes in your skin
Signs You Could Benefit from Wrinkle Fillers
Everyone’s skin ages at a different rate, depending on genetics and how well we take care of ourselves. Rather than starting at a specific age, it is more important to watch out for the signs that wrinkle fillers could be right for you:
- Permanent creases beginning to form around the eyes or mouth
- Permanent wrinkles
- Loss of volume, usually starting in the cheeks
- Sagging skin, often around the jaw
If you’re not sure whether wrinkle fillers are the right treatment for you then you can arrange a consultation with an expert at Dermadoc.
What Are the Risks of Surgical and Non-Surgical Nose Jobs?
Surgical and non-surgical nose jobs can achieve very similar results, but the procedures and the risks involved are very different. If you’re choosing between these treatment options then it is important to understand these differences.
Risks of Surgical Nose Jobs
A surgical nose job or rhinoplasty is a procedure performed under general anaesthetic to remove or reshape the bone, cartilage, and skin that make up your nose. Rhinoplasty is sometimes performed to treat breathing problems or snoring, but it is also used for purely cosmetic purposes.
All surgical procedures come with certain risks and rhinoplasty is no exception. It is important to be aware of the side effects and risks so that you can make an informed decision about whether cosmetic surgery is right for you.
- Rhinoplasty will result in some bruising and swelling so you will need to take up to two weeks off to rest and recover. Light nosebleeds, a stuffed nose, and stiffness or numbness are also common in the first week.
- It can take several months for the full results to be visible and there can still be some slight swelling for up to six months.
- Surgical complications such as heavy bleeding, blood clots, infections or allergic reactions to the anaestheticare rare but can be very serious or even fatal.
- If the procedure doesn’t go as planned then you could be left with breathing problems, changes in your sense of smell, or issues with the appearance of your nose. It may be possible to address some of these problems with another operation.
Risks of Non-Surgical Nose Jobs
Non-surgical nose jobs are much simpler and safer than rhinoplasty. The treatment involves injecting dermal filler into your nose in order to add volume or reshape it as necessary. Although it can’t be used to address all the same issues as a surgical nose job, it can achieve many of the same results. You can use a non-surgical nose job to smooth out nose bumps, reshape the tip or your nose, or make it more symmetrical or balanced.
Since there is no need for an operation, non-surgical nose jobs are much safer than rhinoplasty.
- You won’t need any time off after a non-surgical nose job. Although there can be some slight redness around the injection sites it isn’t usually very noticeable.
- Some people experience bruising or swelling, but this isn’t common and should disappear within a week or so.
- Some people feel a bit nauseous after getting dermal fillers.
- The dermal filler can sometimes shift after the procedure or you may be unsatisfied with the results. Unlike rhinoplasty, the treatment can easily be tweaked by dissolving the filler or adding a little more where necessary.
- More serious side effects such as vascular problems can occur in very rare cases, usually when the treatment is performed outside of a reputable clinic so it is vital to choose a trustworthy clinic for your non surgical nose job.
You can arrange a consultation at Dermadoc to get more advice on the risks and benefits of non-surgical nose jobs.
Staying at home is the best thing you can do to prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, but unfortunately that does mean that you won’t be able to visit Dermadoc for your usual skin treatments. What can you do to look after your skin while you are self-isolating or in COVID-19 lockdown?
Stress can have a big impact on our skin. It can make skin conditions such as acne worse, make our skin look worn out and unhealthy, and can leave us with expression lines that make us look older than we should. Dermadoc treatments can help to improve your skin’s health and appearance, but there are also some steps you can take to minimise the impact that stress is having on your skin every day.