The skin around your eyes is one of the most delicate areas so it requires special care. Since this skin it thinner and more sensitive than other parts of the face, it is also more likely to be affected by issues such as sun damage and expression lines. Ageing can also cause issues such as drooping or loss of volume under the eyes, but there are some non-surgical cosmetic treatments that can help.
Since the skin around your eyes is more delicate than the rest of your face, it is best to stick to products that have been designed for this area. The skincare products that you use on other parts of your face might be too harsh for the around-eye area and they can also contain ingredients that are more likely to irritate your eyes.
- Moisturise around your eyes to protect the skin from damage and to keep it looking plump and soft. The skin under your eyes needs extra protection because it doesn’t produce as much oil as other parts of the skin.
- Plumping eye creams can help to restore volume and moisture to the skin if necessary.
- Protect the eyes and surrounding skin from the sun, with sunscreen and sunglasses that provide adequate UV protection.
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep your skin hydrated. Dehydration can quickly affect the skin near your eyes, making it look sunken or wrinkled.
- Make sure that you’re getting the right amount of sleep to prevent puffiness, dark circles and eye bags.
You should take extra care when using any products around your eyes as too much pressure can damage the delicate skin. It’s also important to avoid this area when applying products to the rest of your face, especially exfoliants or other products that could damage the more sensitive skin near your eyes.
Treatments to Tackle Skin Problems Near the Eyes
Taking care of the skin around your eyes can help to prevent damage and limit the effects of ageing, but it isn’t always possible to avoid them completely. The skin around our eyes is thinner, more delicate, and more mobile than most other parts of the face, so it is more likely to be affected by sun damage, expression lines, and other issues.
Non-surgical cosmetic treatments can help with many of these problems:
- Botox treatments can tackle droopiness by targeting the muscles above your eyes
- Dermal fillers can be used to restore volume under your eyes or to conceal heavy eye bags
- Botox and dermal fillers can also be used to eliminate wrinkles such as crow’s feet around your eyes
- Radio frequency treatments can smooth and tighten the skin around your eyes to tackle lines and sagging
If you have any issue in the around-eye area then you can talk to an expert at Dermadoc to find out which of our non-surgical treatments can help. We’ll help you to find the best approach for your skin, whether that means changing your skincare routine or having treatments such as dermal fillers.