Ok so we don’t like to admit it, but who watched that episode of ‘Keeping up with the Kardashians’ where Kim Kardashian had the “Vampire Face-lift”? I think it’s fair to say many of us women (and men) would raise their hands. The question is though what is this Vampire Facelift and What is it all about – does it work? Why has it boomed in not only Hollywood but here in London’s cosmetic clinics?
Read on if you want to find out the answers to these questions:
What is the Vampire Face-lift?
Medically speaking, the Vampire face lift is known as PRP Therapy (Platelet Rich Plasma) Therapy; its job: to offer you ‘youthful’ and ‘rejuvenating’ skin (helping you say “bye bye” to lines and wrinkles in your face).
It’s a combination of placing hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm or Restylane (usually in the cheeks and around the lips) followed immediately by Platelet Rich Plasma which is a natural growth of the patients own tissue (called PRP). It is a minimally non-invasive treatment.
Aesthetic treatment aside, orthopaedic doctors and surgeons are using the PRP technique to encourage bone growth – making it a safe and common treatment in the world of medicine.
How long does the Vampire Face-lift last?
Using both dermal filler along with the PRP can last approximately 12months – 1 year and half.
How does PRP or Vampire Face-lift work?
• 1st Step: The treatment is simple; your cosmetic doctor will apply a numbing cream all over your face 30 minutes before your PRP treatment.
• 2nd Step: Your cosmetic doctor will take a small blood sample from your arm (same as having a blood test) and spin it in a centrifuge which will separate the platelet-rich plasma. The plasma that remains – has factors which stimulate, cell growth and collagen growth.
• 3rd Step: Your cosmetic doctor will then inject the PRP back designated parts of your face and then you’re good to go!
(You should take into consideration however that Kim’s dramatic vampire face-lift was a result of drawing whole blood rather than PRP.)
What are the benefits of the PRP/Vampire Face-lift treatment?
• Smoothing of wrinkles, new collagen is formed = Skin Rejuvenation at its best!
• Immediate improvement of your skin volume, tone and texture plus a healthy glow.
• Natural technique using your own blood (better than using most chemical based cosmetic treatments)
• Long lasting results – results can last anything from one year to one and a half years.
• Non-surgical treatment means there’s no hassle of surgery and recovery of a surgical facelift that can take weeks/months to heal (plus cheaper option to a surgical face-lift!)
• No downtime
Any known side effects of the PRP/Vampire Face-lift?
This natural wrinkle-buster – is safe as it’s using your own blood which limits side effects.
Do expect swelling for a few hours (approximately 3-4 hours) following the PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatment which is completely normal.
How long does the PRP/Vampire Face-lift procedure take?
The Vampire Face-lift treatment takes approximately 30- 40 minutes to administer. Depending on how you feel, you can carry on with the rest of your day as normal. Each person will react differently; some of you may appear more ‘plumped’ than others.
Will the results of my PRP/Vampire Face-lift be instant?
It will take approximately 2 weeks for you to feel the effects working; you will notice your skin glowing naturally. It will take approximately 2-3 months to feel and see the full effects of your PRP treatment.
Book in for a free of charge consultation with our Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)/ ‘Vampire Face-lift’ who will discuss the treatment in detail and assess your skin as well as answer any of your questions and concerns. All our consultations are informal and our Cosmetic Doctors are very friendly and accommodating.
Call us today on 0207 183 1921 or email: email@example.com